Tuesday, October 7, 2008

iTunes University

iTunes U is a portion of Apple's itunes store that makes educational content available to anyone at anytime. You use it on your i Pod just like you would with buying and playing music. The difference is price. I browsed the iTunes U store and everything is free. I thought for sure that they would charge you because everything dealing with school is expensive.

As a student who has never used this store before, I can say that knowing about it now, I will. It could be a resource for information needed in a paper. I could even use it to better understand a topic. The convenience of taking it with you in your little i Pod is so much greater than a carrying around a heavy book.

As a teacher, I would integrate it in with my classroom. Of course, not not many students will have an i Pod. I could use it for myself as a learning tool, or I could play a topic in class on my i Pod to better express the lesson being taught.

No comments: