Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Dr. Alice Christie

I chose to write about the importance that web design will have in my classroom. The classrooms of the future are going to place a great emphasis on the Internet as technology becomes more affordable and accessible. She has a great resource on the dos and donts of web design. A good website for your classroom will catch the student's eye, and let them know that you care enough to take the time to create it for them.

The link to her website evaluation is very interesting. It shows the different levels that a site is "graded" on. There are two parts. In part one, they are scored on organization, information, presentation, technical aspects and mechanics. There are rated emerging (0 or 1), developing (2 or 3) or Exemplary (4 or 5). In part two, they are "graded" on philosophy/standards, school information, curriculum, audience, sensitivity and links. The points system is the same as in part one.

I feel that her site will help me to develop a website catering to my students' needs. It will give them an opportunity to get to know what is expected of them in class, and it will make learning fun. Adding a game onto my website will also encourage learning while having fun. A very important detail is that they will be able to get in contact with me when necessary.

No comments: