Sunday, August 24, 2008

ALEX

The Alabama Learning Exchange is a free website that offers teachers an assortment of lesson plans and other important resources. The lesson plans supplied are designed to get the attention of students so that they will interact with the teacher and their classmates in order to learn the the different topics.

The ALEX website not only includes detailed lesson plans but also web links for teachers and students directed to many different areas of interest. The website caters to all grades K-12. The subjects include just about any taught in school from Mathematics to Driver Safety.

ALEX will be useful to me as a beginner teacher because it will give me creative ideas for my lesson plans so that I can engage my students with fun activities while they learn. The character education web link will help me teach my students the good attributes that a human being needs. As I grow as a teacher, ALEX will enable me to develop my own ideas further with the resources available.

No comments: